Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lincoln's Lemonade


Here's the script for LINCOLN'S LEMONADE that we are filming this Saturday 9/12.






LITTLE KID pours a lemonade and drinks it.

LITTLE KID
Sure wish I’d get some customers.

A MAN steps up to the counter. All we can see is his white shirt and black pants.

MAN
Your wish is my command, youngster.

Little Kid happily pours.

LITTLE KID
One dollar, please.

MAN
For a lemonade?

LITTLE KID
It’s made with bottled water.

MAN
Water... in a bottle?

LITTLE KID
Yep.

MAN
Are pennies acceptable?

LITTLE KID
Hmm, I’m desperate. Hand ‘em over.

Man puts a bag filled with pennies on the lemonade stand.

MAN
That should do it.

LITTLE KID
This is way too many pennies.

MAN
It’s all right. I have lots of pennies. My face is on the penny.

Little Kid squints into the sun. The man is Abe Lincoln.

LITTLE KID
Why are you dressed like up Abe Lincoln?

LINCOLN (MAN)
Maybe because I am Abe Lincoln.

LITTLE KID
Nice to meet you, Abe. I’m Elvis.

LINCOLN
Nice to meet you, Elvis. I prefer to be called Abraham, by the way.

Little Kid and Lincoln shake hands.

LITTLE KID
We studied Abraham Lincoln last semester. He was kinda cool.

Lincoln downs the lemonade.

LINCOLN
Now that was my idea of cool.

Lincoln and Little Kid share a laugh.

LINCOLN (CONT’D)
Can you point me in the direction of Washington D.C.?

LITTLE KID
Huh?

LINCOLN
The capital. Not that I seem to have any control over where I travel in this great land of ours.

LITTLE KID
(points)
That way about 4000 miles.

LINCOLN
Thank you, young citizen.

Lincoln walks off and vanishes.

LITTLE KID
Mom! Mom! Mom!

Little Kid runs off.

THE END

This HD video will post to both LINCOLN IS BACK and KIDS TALK POLITICS in few weeks. Subscribe to this blog to see when the video is loaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment